Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wooly Bear

The wooly bear caterpillars are back.  We've been finding them everywhere the past couple of days.

Ava found this little guy this morning and has been carrying him around all day, riding on the back of her hand or the tip of her finger.

She's been so gentle with him.  She's not afraid of any bugs, except spiders!

So if a frog kisses a caterpillar, will it turn into a prince...er, moth?  Wrong story...

She has to have a critter of some sort with her throughout the day.  Usually it's a chicken.  Let's hope the two don't meet up.  It wouldn't work out well for the caterpillar.

Most wooly bears I've seen have 3 bands.  I wonder if this long orange band means it will be a really long winter?  Usually by January, you at least feel like it will never end.

We've spent most of today (and yesterday) working on getting things ready for winter.  BW is cleaning the chimney right now.  The wooly bear and Ava are "helping".

Right now I am looking forward to fall/winter.  I am ready for some downtime.  I am ready to break out my craft supplies and do some inside things...

No comments:

Post a Comment