Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Strange Visitor

The monster morning glory vine that I planted to shade my porch has drawn many visitors.  The bumblebees love to visit the blooms during the day.  Hordes of katydids have taken up residence inside it and inevitably hop in through the back door when I let the dogs out.  There is also a lonely sparrow who roosts in it overnight.  Now this guy...



They really do look like a stick!  I've only seen one once before.



The walking stick demonstrates the Divinely designed defense mechanism of camouflage.  Even its slow and halting stride mimics a branch moving in the breeze, helping it stay under the radar of its predators.  Fortunately for my walking stick, his neighbor the sparrow won't want to have him over for lunch anyway!



 Lucky for him the toddler had already gone to bed or else he may have ended up in a jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment