Saturday, September 18, 2010

Satisfaction

I LOVE the feeling of marking another project off the list!



And this one had been nagging at me for a long time.  Well, let's see...we got the fence up in April, bought the lumber in July and just stared at it for a few weeks.  It took us three separate sessions and working past dark tonight, but we got 'er done!

My husband and I are really getting good at working on these projects together.  He's the muscle and I'm the "measure twice, cut once" kind of gal.  We balance each other well!

Now to install a couple of strands of electric along the fence line, cage off the bees their own sector and build a small run-in and we'll be ready for goats.  You didn't think we were going to all this trouble just for a couple dozen chickens, did ya?  ;)  Although it does rest my mind to know the dogs can't pick them off so easily now.

I am also getting a new horse.  Hopefully we can go pick him up tomorrow.  I was looking for a new pasture mate for my gaited paint gelding, Journey.  This new horse, Rocky, is a 12-year-old Tennessee Walker gelding.  He's on rehab from an injury, but is cleared for light work and to build up from there.  He was free to a good home because his current owners needed to downsize.  I will definitely post lots of pictures of him when we get him home.  Here's a picture that was forwarded to me. 

Isn't he a looker!  I'm debating whether or not to change his name.  If you've got any ideas for a good name for this handsome boy, feel free to leave them in the comments section!


Now this is Journey (the Paint) and Lily, his old pasture mate (also a Tennessee Walker).  This picture was taken in October of last year.  I've had Journey since he was a colt.  I won him at the County Fair on a one dollar raffle ticket in 2002.  He's a good boy and I love him.  I hope that Ava can ride him in the Fair here in a few years.



 

Now the horses don't live here on the One Sunny Acre.  They live on my Dad's 44-acre farm 10 minutes down the road.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment