Saturday, June 27, 2020

Flip-top Bottles at Aldi's


If you enjoy making your own kombucha at home, you need to stop in Aldi's and buy their sparkling lemonade (non-alcoholic) just for the flip-top bottle it comes in. My kids said the lemonade was very good too. (I wouldn't know, as I have been sugar-free on keto for over two years now. 😋) 

These bottles are very expensive to buy in a case. I paid $2.19 for what I think was a one liter bottle. They are glass and well made.

Sealing the bottles of kombucha airtight on the second ferment will produce a fizzy beverage. This is usually when you would add fruit or juice if you want--mixed berries and pineapple juice with ginger were our favorites. I have used pint canning jars with reused metal lids screwed down very tightly. This wasn't always successful. These bottles are perfect for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment