Thursday, February 3, 2011

Curried Chicken Salad

I love curry powder and I'm going to have to find more things to put it on!

This chicken salad is to die for and shockingly good for you too.  Serve it up on flat bread or a whole wheat pita with a little lettuce or sprouts.  Your tummy will be happy!  (And your waistline will be too.)

My Curried Chicken Salad
Prep time:  about 15 minutes,  Makes 18 (1/2 cup) servings

  • 1 lb. diced chicken (rotisserie chicken, chicken breast, or leftover chicken)
  • 1 1/4 c. light mayo
  • 2 c. seedless white grapes, cut in half (or 1 c. raisins or chopped dates)
  • 1 c. red onion, chopped fine
  • 1/2 c. celery, chopped fine
  • 2 tsp. mild curry powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
Combine all and mix well.  (How's that for easy?  :) ) Refrigerate one hour before serving to allow flavor to blend.

Nutritional Info:
(I started using http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ a couple months ago and recently discovered that they will calculate the calories, etc. in your recipes for you.  I jumped for joy when I saw how light and healthy this chicken salad is!)


No comments:

Post a Comment