Thursday, August 19, 2010

An odd place to find a grasshopper...

This seems like an odd place to find a locust.

 


I was checking over my Heavenly Blue morning glory vines, looking for any sign of impending bloom, when I spotted this guy up under the rafters of my porch roof.

It's a big one, over 2" long.  Probably deciding which of the lush, overgrown (flowerless!) vines to nibble on first. 


I was afraid that he might get annoyed and jump on me while I tried to take his picture.  I would have thrown the camera and run for sure.

These morning glory vines are beginning to engulf my porch.  They look healthy and awesome.  I am just waiting for them to put on their big show.  I planted them there to provide some quick shade so that my husband can eat his dinner out on the porch without the evening sun blinding him.

I've been really BUSY canning the past couple of weeks, so I haven't had much time to post.  When I get more time I am going to post my version of Hot Pepper Mustard (Butter).  Tuesday I canned 18 pints and 17 half-pints (for Christmas presents).  We like it--A LOT.  And I think you will too...

No comments:

Post a Comment